Monday 23 September 2013

No More Couch Potato!

This morning when I went into the office my colleague said she'd seen my new blog and asked if I had heard of the Couch Potato to 5K podcast. I hadn't. So when I got home I downloaded it to and was keen to try it out with my brand new trainers.

I've felt a bit poorly today (think its hay fever!) and when it came to feeling motivated to go out for a jog, I didn't feel motivated at all. I decided to go out and see how I felt as I didn't want to sit in the house feeling sorry for myself!

I'm so glad I decided to go out as it made me feel energised and I am proud of myself for being out for 30 minutes. Last weeks attempt (with no real idea of what I was doing) was 15 minutes.

I enjoyed listening to the podcast. After my 5 minute warm up walk, the first minute of jogging felt like it was never going to end! Surprisingly the jogging got easier rather than more difficult, though I was glad to hear the podcast lady say that I had completed my final minute of jogging and could do my cool down walk!

I was impressed with my new trainers, so glad I got properly fitted. I am looking forward to getting out again soon! The music on the podcast kept me motivated too and run keeper told me I did 1.94 miles (much better than the half a mile I did last week!) I definitely feel like I had a workout this evening and felt energised after.

I would never have described myself as a couch potato as I am not a lazy person, however I know that I do (did!) not fit enough exercise into my life. I am pretty excited and proud of myself that I am already doing so well. No more couch potato!

Here's a photo from my jog tonight (on the way home)! Such a beautiful sky. It made me feel so happy to have chosen to go out and get some exercise and fresh air, and take in the beauty of the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment